Tuesday, August 8, 2017

So I Decided To Start Blogging Again - At Least For Today

I've realized that I'm able to put up with a lot of shit.  I had an epiphany while my parents were screaming at me for losing yet another piece of luggage on the train to Grand Central Terminal...I don't get as mad at myself as others do at me.

If I lose a piece of luggage I say fuck it no luggage and move on with my day.  If a light bulb breaks, well it looks like I'm living in the dark.  I find that I am super easy going when it comes to material things that I lose in my life.  Sure I'm losing money that I would like to have back, but is that really the worst thing?  Should we loathe ourselves for mistakes we've made, or should we shake them off and continue on with our day like nothing has happened.  I like to think it is a balance between the two, because being hard on yourself may prevent this from occurring again.

And as someone who has had 4 iPhone 7's in the past month I tell you to Cherishhhhh them.  Assurion, Verizon's Mobile Recycling Department, actually just cut me off saying it was not cost effective for them to insure my phones due to the high turn over rate lol.  They com at the Don Vito though they can Assurion I'm gonna get some scalps and my insurance back.  But I digress.

 I guess what I'm trying to say is what do you think the healthy balance in this equation?  I'm always happy, yet always losing things.  I may not care but other people do.  Is it really their business?  Does that make me Ten Second Tom from 50 First Dates?  I know I'm not going to loathe myself over something like a phone and maybe that's the 17 year old Hippie Todd trying to break on through (No pun intended Jim Morrison).

I want to find a balance, care about my belongings without being materialistic.  It'll be tough moving forward but I feel as an adult I have to be more organized.  If not I'll be losing shit to the day I die.  Which according to deathclock.com is 2076 so I've got some time to figure shit out!

If you have any suggestions let me know.

Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment